Distance and Capsicums
01:01So why distance and capsicums?
My hate for distance is exactly the same for my hate for capsicums right now. And I believe its the same for my girl back in Singapore. Being 3911 miles away from the one you love isn't funny at all. There are times when she needs me and I couldn't be there, there are times when I need her and all I can do is to look at our past pictures and dwell in those memories. Things aren't so smooth sailing since this LDR started, and I'm sure its the same for many LDR couples out there. The human touch is a powerful thing. Just one squeeze of a hand from her can make me feel stronger and more secured. Just one hug from her can make the problems of today and the troubles of tomorrow disappear. Just looking into those glistening eyes can make me feel like there's nothing more important in the world than the girl that held my world in her hands. Just a kiss shared with her, makes everything around me disappear. But no. that's not the only difficult part about LDR.
There are times, when she isn't feeling like herself, I would just appear below her block. With something in my hands and a heart full of care, I could be there to hold her, to tell her everything is fine. There will be times when I miss her the 1st thing in the morning, and I would just wait in my bed till the time her alarm is suppose to ring and give her a wakeup call. Things aren't the same when you're miles away.
I realised, time management is really important. Well, time management is always important, but it's even more so now. Where you really have to set aside time for work, play, sleep, and to Skype. Thats one thing that i haven't been able to figure out yet. My 1st mistake was to think that I'm really superman, thinking that sleep is for the weak. I guess I had to learn it the hard way yesterday. When she took the effort to stay at home and wait for me for that little moment of Skype (which is the only way we could see each other and hear each other's voice again), but I just had to fall asleep the moment my head hit the pillow. I really never expect that I would just fall asleep so fast, never did I expect that my brain will give in to my body and shut down the moment its comfortable. That left me lost and empty the next day, and thats when I decided. To always keep track of my limit, so everyday I'll leave myself with atlas 30% of safe energy to anticipate moments where we could Skype.
I'll admit, things are really difficult when you are so far away from the one you love. Thats why, I would like to take this chance, to say thank you (with a big hug) to the girlfriend. Thank you for always making time for me. Thank you for keeping a strong front and for staying happy and cheery despite all the things you're going through. Thank you for making me feel like you're there, even though we're so far away. Thank you for always loving me and caring so much for me. I love you Valeryn Lim Pei Xuan.
0 comments