Never Apart
16:19Tuesday started out horribly. My boy hates Tuesdays somehow, and today just got to be the day I had to agree with him. There was this weird office guy always getting up at the same stop, and somehow manage to get a seat beside me when there are so many empty seats around. Always a love-hate feeling taking public transports but I've had enough of such weird people in Sg I rather be stuck in a traffic than be stuck with weirdos.
My boy and I was skyping for almost an hour while he was attending his lecture with the most boring accent I've ever heard for his marketing lesson. Like always, we left the video on and just did whatever we were doing and I was occasionally staring into the screen doing creepy face to see him painfully hide his smirk hahaha. Yesterday I was doing some tarrot card reading and apparently, it claimed that I'm abusive in the relationship?!???!?!?! HAHA. I miss pinching his face, I miss doing his eyebrows, I miss snuggling on his chest, I miss him being persistent on smelling my hair, I miss kissing his face and his hugs. I miss his touch, a lot.
That's one thing that makes this whole LDR even more difficult.
Although the internet age has made things feasible, romance and relationships are a different beast when thousand of miles separates us.
The physical aspect matters more than you think.
I don't get to sit beside him on a couch and talk about how our day went. I'm glad we do communicate a lot on a daily basis when we are free, because verbal/video communications are so much important in this LDR to maintain the things we want it to be like before.
People say that spending time together is the key to keeping a relationship alive. But when we are separated by hundreds of miles, though, our primary method for accomplishing this is by spending a lot of face-time/skype with a cold, digital display. I have to accept that he's going to be occupied with his new social circle of friends over there, and though its difficult sometimes, no doubt I will get worried and anxious and jealous (sometimes) but I guess I have to start learning to fill up my day with other activities and stop expecting things that will be the same like before.
"A long-distance relationship isn't really a relationship. It's just the promise of one."
May us survive Tuesday together!!!! 😚

0 comments